Friday, August 29, 2008

Freedom for Women

Speaking of her husband, Michelle Obama said: “He’ll protect a woman’s freedom of choice, because government should have no say in whether or when a woman embraces the sacred responsibility of parenthood.”

I am getting frustrated by "Pro-Choicers", (especially women) who seem to be COMPLETELY missing the point. The pro-life movement is not an attempt to attack women's freedom, or make doctors' criminals. We are pro-life because we are pro-women and pro-doctors. And yes Mrs. Obama, I agree that a woman should have the right to decide whether or not she is ready to parent. Practicing abstainence is a very respectful and effective way to live out this decision, requiring no government intervention whatsoever...

As pro-lifers are not trying to create a bunch of rules, we are trying to create FREEDOM for our world. We want to give future generations the freedom and the right to LIVE. I know that I am preaching to the choir, but it completely blows my mind how these simple facts seem to be so distorted.

On a more positive note, McCain has chosen Alaskan senator Sarah Palin as his running mate. She is a mother of 5, (her youngest even has downs!), and I found the following quote from her:

“I am pro-life and I believe that marriage should only be between and man and a woman.

Could this mother and politician actually provide a strong and beautiful female role model for our nation and world?

1 comment:

Little Monkey said...

Amen sister. The attack on life makes me sick. I fear this next election. We don't have a solid pro-life candidate for President but McCain is at least not totally against life. The problem seems bad in the US but let me tell you a little about what is going on in Honduras. Brace yourself...you will be outraged (as you should be). The enemy hates the poor because they are God's beloved. God really does have prefernce for the poor so of course the devil hates them. In Honduras the poorest of the poor have babies at public hospitals. In order for those hospitals to keep their funding they have to neuter 70% of the women who come in for a live birth. As if that isn't bad enough, they do it without their permission. Women leave not knowing that their tubes have been tied ot that an IUD was placed inside them. They are given Depo shots and told that it is just something for thier health. Sounds a little like Nazi Germany doesn't it? The world largest attack on life is happening right now all over the world. We need to pray and offer suffering quickly. I am working on developing a program to evangelize women in Honduras about the beauty of life. Pray for me as I work with others to take on this huge cuture war.