Monday, January 4, 2010

Ave Maria Radio

In the recent months, as I find myself frantically pacing around my kitchen from cooking to cleaning to folding laundry, unable to read or watch television (all the better for me) while I work, yet longing to grow spiritually during this time, I've found a new love.

If you haven't ever tuned into Ave Maria Radio, I highly recommend it! One of my favorite parenting books is by Greg and Lisa Popcak's, "Parenting With Grace", as they are big supporters of attachment parenting and they really explain how it is a Catholic way of parenting. Dr. Sear's reverted to his Catholic faith after reading it. They have a radio show on every day and answer questions along with providing a weekly scripture verse to commit to memory, and have guest speakers. There are also several other great shows.

The best part is you can log on any time and listen to whatever show you feel like. So check it out!

1 comment:

Jaunebug said...

Good to see a fellow radio listener. Since coming home , I've started listening to the radio a ton for a lot of the same reasons (can do dishes, laundry, and actively play with my baby) while listening.

I find it really helps since I find I need a little more stimulation than "Is Your Mama a Llama?" to keep me going.

I usually listen to the Catholic Channel on Sirius radio. The downside is you have to pay for it, but if you have a newer car, you may have it for free (long enough to get totally hooked anyway).