Sunday, January 31, 2010

Contraceptive Mentality Clear in New Homes


I just spent the afternoon with my mom and brother looking at some new model homes that opened in Irvine. It deeply saddened me to see how present the contraceptive mentality is in this area. The houses had for the most part 3 very small bedrooms and one huge master bedroom. I turned to my brother and said "obviously these builders do not plan for anymore to have more than 3 kids." Yes kids can share rooms but these rooms were so small it would be tough to get two beds in there. $700-900,000 and only enough room for a small family?? As someone who would embrace as many kids as God would bless me with I better start brushing up on my house building skills...

1 comment:

Andi said...

Yeah that's our house feels. 2 smallish bedrooms connected by a bathroom (each only meant for 1 child, but we're squishing 2 in 1 and using room #3 as a playroom for now) and our bedroom is 50% of the upstairs...we truly really don't need a ginormous room. It honestly feels wasteful, but the plus to us was it helps resale value in case we do need a bigger home one day.