Monday, March 21, 2011

The Mother of the Mother of God


A saint who, to me, defines Beauty is the mother of the most beautiful woman to ever exist. Not only did Mary likely resemble her own mother physically, but she was the one who formed her, taught her, and nurtured her. As a wife and mother, I look to St. Anne because she had a holy marriage, as her husband is also a saint, and she raised a saint. When I think of my personal spiritual goals, that's it: for my husband, my children and I to all become the saints God wants us to be. The best way to achieve that, is for me to be a saint...no pressure ;-)

St. Anne participated in the immaculate conception, although she herself, was not conceived without sin. God saw her as a worthy vessel for the most perfect human being ever created. She housed Mary in her womb, and then housed her in her home, preparing her for that fiat that brought our Savior into the world. St. Anne was just like us. We are just as capable as she was of raising saints, of building holy marriages, and of personal sanctity. She was beautiful because she was the woman God wanted her to be, and I bet, considering how beautiful Mary has been reported to be, by those she's appeared to, St. Anne was physically beautiful as well.

So if you are a wife & mother, don't forget this beautiful woman who lived her vocation to the fullest. And if you are a Grandma, remember to pray to St. Anne all the more, because she's Jesus's Grandma!

No comments: