Thursday, September 18, 2008

Jordin Sparks rocks my world

I was watching Fox News the other day and caught the tail-end of an interview with Jordin Sparks. During MTV's VMA Awards, Russell Brand made fun of the Jonas Brothers who wear purity rings: "It is a little bit ungrateful because (the Jonas Brothers) could literally have sex with any woman they want, but they're just not going to do it!", Brand told the audience. "That's like Superman just deciding not to fly, but to go home on a bus." Jordin Sparks defended them: "I just wanna say, it's not bad to wear a promise ring because not every guy and a girl wants to be a slut, OK?" I just think it's so awesome that she stood up in front everyone and said that. I mean, I get freaked out giving chastity talks to Catholic groups... thinking that people are going to make fun of me for bringing such a radical message... but she stood up in front of all these MTV folks and defended what she believes in. She is rad and rocks my world.

No comments: