Thursday, March 26, 2009

Brides of Christ


The love song of St. Philomena is a beautiful meditation, and I highly recommend it if you've never heard it. It gave me a lot to think about today as I listened to it. The line, "when will you come to take me home?" holds so much emotion.

If I think of my final hour, it brings me anxiety, and sadness as the thought of leaving my husband and daughter breaks my heart. Yet, for a bride of Christ, what solace must they have in that hour so many dread. My vocation is natural, and holds me to things of this world, which makes it harder to leave, but also harder to remember I am not meant for this world. Theirs is supernatural, and they spend their lives as I pray we will spend eternity.

My husband was talking to a Sister for Life and in the conversation, she humbly said, "When you look at me, you are seeing Heaven," because we will all be spouses of Christ there. How true this is. Death, for these beautiful women will only be the removal of the barrier which separates Lover and the beloved. Let them bring consolation to us all as they allow us a glimpse of eternity with our Divine Spouse.

Thank you Brides of Christ!

1 comment:

Andi said...

speaking of which...it was her birthday today...