Monday, October 13, 2008


As baby screamed in the carseat on our way to and from dinner with our friends I couldn't help but think of people who sigh, eye roll, or make rude comments (right next to you, as if you can't hear over the crying!). Some days it's enough to make you feel like you should never take the baby outin public. I guess they were such perfect babies and children that they never made a peep in public! Their parents must have had it so easy. And I'm sure such perfect people also had perfect babies that were also quiet in public every time. Right. :P

The hardest place for the baby to cry is during Mass. We normally go to a High Mass said in Latin so it's silent...except for Baby last night. Right before the Consecration she decided to let out a nice big burp and during communion she was tired and just started wailing (I like to think of it as chanting with the choir). I know some people think that you should never bring babies and little ones to Mass so they won't distract others, but how will they learn??? Jesus said "Let the little children come to me" and we really shouldn't be depriving these little Saints of time with Jesus. Even though they aren't always aware of what's happening and may not understand, the Lord definetelyis planting little seeds in them each time they spend time with Him.

1 comment:

Apple Jacs said...

I couldn't agree more Andi. Our first week in mass, I was standing with Mina practically the entire time, 4 days after giving birth, and as I went to take her out the back door as she let out a cry, a man asked me if I was aware that there was a cry room. He might've been trying to help, but by the way he said it, he seemed annoyed. It totally made me feel like if she made one peep I was disrupting the whole mass