Thursday, October 23, 2008

Welcome Fall


I've always considered myself a summer girl, but I have to admit that this time of year gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside. The crisp fresh air, blue skies, the smell of fireplaces being lit and cool snuggle-appropriate nights are just a few things that I love. I also love wearing scarves, and deep fall color sweaters again. I love picking pumpkins and roasting the pumpkin seeds after! I love the returned smells of hot tea, coffee, chili, baked goods and other comfort foods that are only fitting for cooler weather.

Although we don't get much of it in Southern California, I have fond memories of apple-picking and jumping in piles of brightly-colored crunchy leaves as a child. We would take family drives through wildlife to admire breathtaking colorful sites. It is as though God took a paintbrush to nature Himself! Such beauty!

Ok, its your turn, what do YOU love about fall??

No comments: