Sunday, November 30, 2008















In remembering that I had not posted anything in some time, I started searching my brain for something to write about. After way too much thought and a lot of writer's block, I realized that I need more reflection time in my life. Apart from a hectic schedule, I fill a lot of my free time with social activities, music, media and other distractions. I rarely take time apart from it all, to contemplate and reflect on my day and journey through life.

Quiet time would allow me to let go of extra stress and focus in on important matters such as my spirituality. It would give God a chance to speak to me, and help me to open my heart to the peace of Christ. It would let me clear my mind of extra clutter, and grow as a person. It would help to prepare my soul for Christ, especially during this Advent season. I know that squeezing in a daily reflection will be a challenge, but leading a life of contemplation is something that I need to improve in, and is no doubt a source of grace for all of us. Please pray for me as I attempt to grow in this area!

Anybody have any helpful suggestions of ways to encourage contemplation in a busy schedule?

1 comment:

Apple Jacs said...

Sister Catherine Marie would love this post! She's always recommending more time in silence for growth closer to Christ. Can't say that I'm successful, but one thing that helps remind me to pray throughout the day are alarms I have on my cell phone. I generally always have it with me so that way I won't miss those reminders.