Thursday, January 8, 2009

What Not To Say


At six and a half months of pregnancy, I've already heard too much! In case you are unaware of pregnancy etiquette, below are a few things you DO NOT say to a pregnant lady.

-"Are you pregnant??"

-"You look huge!!" Mention that the BABY or the BELLY looks bigger, not the woman.

-"Wow, eating a few too many Christmas cookies?"
Oh, the comedians out there...

-"Was it planned?"
Who cares?? It is what it is.

-"You are looking a little HEFTIER this year, maybe you should watch yourself."
Another comedian.

-"Get as much sleep as you can before the baby comes."
Despite the exhaustion, sleep isn't so simple when you are uncomfortably pregnant.

-" You look about ready to go!"
No, I still have 3 more months...

- "Are you having twins??"
No, are you?

-
Lastly, please do not make a comment about your own physical pain (especially if you are a man). You have no idea.
If you've made a pregnancy faux pas, don't worry, we are very forgiving. For the future, however, I hope these tips help. Thank you!


Moms, what are the worst things YOU heard during your pregnancies??


3 comments:

Apple Jacs said...

Fr. Chrysostom to my husband, "She's truly gordita now huh?" Leo replied, "Yeah, but it's all in the belly." Fr. Chrysostom, "Oh no, your face is rounder."(to me)

Gotta love Confessors. They're always honest with you.

Chantal said...

I have a new one to add from last weekend:

" I love how your cheeks have filled out".

I realize that my hormones are a tad crazy, but a comment like this could make anyone burst into tears!

Lee said...

Just checking up on past blogs, girls! good job!!

But I had to comment on this one... I have five children, and with babys #3,4 and 5 I heard, "are you done now?" and "Is this it?"... and "no more, right?"... so then you start working on quick come backs, like "Oh, we're Catholic, and we're taking over..." : )