Monday, May 16, 2011

Dress Dare Update-- How's it going?

We are halfway through May (yikes!), and so I thought it would be fun to check in about how the dress dare is going for everyone.

I have to admit that it has been more of a challenge for me this year!  Being in my third trimester of pregnancy, I am tempted to choose comfort over anything these days!  Often this does mean a dress (who can argue with no waist bands!) , but often it also means my yoga-style pants and supported running shoes.

At the same time, I have also made the observation that overall, pregnancy makes me feel more feminine than ever.  Whether I am in workout attire or evening gown, I can't hide my femininity!  It is noticeable how many people open doors for me, or offer me a chair to sit down in.  Sometimes I even feel as though I am spoken to in a softer tone than usual.  All of this reminded me of last year's Dress Dare, when many of you blogged about how people treated you differently when you dressed more femininely.

So...  have you stuck to it?  How are you doing this time around?

1 comment:

Jaunebug said...

Have to admit... I have only worn a skirt a couple days so far, Easter, and one day that it actually got over 60 degrees. (Since it snowed here (washington state) last month, and it's been the coldest May in 100 years, my Cali. body, just can't handle it.)

However, I did notice that I felt prettier - and it lead me to dress more feminine in general, adding earrings or a beaded sweater rather than sweatshirt. So, while I may not be donning a dress, I am trying to dress more purposefully feminine.