Thursday, December 18, 2008

One Week until Christmas!


In officially one week from today, we will wake up to find Christmas morning! I can hardly wait! Being my husband and I's first Christmas together (as a married couple), I have been starting to think about my favorite traditions that I would like to carry over with our new family. Christmas eve mass followed by a gift of new pajamas is at the top of my list. And I don't think it would feel right without waking up to carols and the smell of sweet cinnamon buns in the oven...


What about you? What are your favorite Christmas traditions?? Be careful, I may just borrow some good ideas...

2 comments:

Apple Jacs said...

Leo & I do 12 gifts for the 12 days of Christmas since Christmastide traditionally lasted 12 days. Some are small, and some aren't even purchased, like a date or something I know he loves, like a day of Axis & Allies with the boys.

This year we're limiting to 6 gifts and then 6 holy hours together to give gifts to the Lord as well, and then some sort of fun thing together. It might get challenging as our family grows to get 12 for each person but you can always get creative with it.

Andi said...

We're starting a tradition of leaving little notes in everyone's stockings with a compliment. And everyone has to write to everyone (or dictate). I guess baby is off the hook this year... We also buy a tree at the beginning of Advent and light our Advent wreath.