Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Our Mother and Mediator


My baby spent half of yesterday in tears. The frustrating thing with having an infant, is that although I knew something was hurting him, he was unable to communicate to me what was wrong (other than through crying). He could have been hungry, uncomfortable, or he could have been terribly sick. Because he was unable to help himself, as his mother I was responsible for calling the pediatrician. From there, the doctor helped me assess how we can best help him. Thus, as his mom, I became the mediator for bringing my baby to the physician and helping him feel better.

There are so many times in life when we are unhappy, frustrated, afraid, and unable to help ourselves. Our cries are sometimes very vague, just like those of an infant, because we are not quite sure what is missing. I knew that my baby needed a doctor, and similarly Mary knows that we need her Son. She can act as a mediator and to bring us to Jesus, and even explain to Him what we need, just as she did during the Wedding Feast at Cana. She understands our cries, as a mother understands her baby's needs, and she helps to bring us to our Savior, as a mother helps to bring a baby to the doctor. We are so blessed to have Mary to watch over us! Let us never be afraid to cry to her for help.

No comments: