Thursday, March 25, 2010

Full of Grace

God does not ask the impossible from any of us. What he asked of Mary on the day of the Annunciation, he asks of us every day as well. It is true that rather than asking me to become mother to His Son, God is simply asking me to make dinner for my baby right now. No situation, however is without purpose in God's eyes.

Sometimes we feel overwhelmed, disappointed or frustrated by what God is asking from us, but this is only because we are forgetting that He also offers His grace to assist us. Perhaps Mary did not even understand exactly what Gabriel's proposal meant, and even if she did, she responded as God would want us all to respond- YES, I trust you.

Just like Mary, God asks me to forget myself and accept His will. Not what I envision as His will, or what I believe should be His will, but truly what is presented to me at this moment. Once I accept this truth, I accept His graces, and from there my actions will serve a purpose in His providence.

Dear Mary, help us to follow in your example and be open to our loving God's purpose for us and accept His graces to guide us through our days.

1 comment:

Anna Villareal said...

Amen!

I love reading your posts! One of these days I hope I can write something as beautiful as one of the posts that you write :)