Monday, March 29, 2010

I love BLUE

Today, my friend, Tasha, and I were hanging out. For some reason or another, color and what colors mean came up in the conversation. 

I decided to look up my favorite color, blue. I love every shade of blue. I used blue for my wedding colors, and if you looked at our gift registries, most of the items were a shade of blue. So, when I looked up what the color blue means, I was surprised at what I found. 

According to Emily Gems' meanings of colors, Blue means....
"Blue is the coolest color - the color of the sky, ocean, sleep, twilight. The ancient Egyptians used lapis lazuli to represent heaven. Blue symbolizes the Virgin Mary. A pure blue is the color of inspiration, sincerity and spirituality. Blue is often the chosen color by conservative people. Blue is the calming color. That makes it a wonderful color to use in the home, especially for babies. Blue is so soothing that is a good choice for pajamas. Dark blue is the color of truth and moderation. A blue iris means your friendship is very important to me. Wednesday's color is blue. Blue gemstones to wear to feel calm are blue sapphire and blue topaz."

"Blue Energy

Blue gives a feeling of distance. Artists use it to to show perspective. This is a good way to understand the energy of the color blue - it allows us to look beyond and increase our perspective outward. It contains a cool vibration that is helpful to communication.
The vibration if blue can be used to open energy flow where it is blocked. Using blue to relax will encourage feelings of communication and peace.
Put some blue in your life when you want:
  • calm and relaxation to counteract chaos or agitation
  • to open the flow of communication
  • to broaden your perspective in learning new information
  • solitude and peace "
As I was reading this, the first thing that hit me was how blue symbolizes the Virgin Mary. As a wife, and hopefully, God willing, a mother as well, the Virgin Mary is definitely someone who I should try to follow. By surrounding myself with blue, I can remind myself to be more like the Virgin Mary, Completely obedient to God's will, always. 

Another thing about the color blue that I found interesting is that blue is the color for inspiration, sincerity, and spirituality. I hope that my life can inspire others with my life. I try to always be sincere in all of my relationships and in every situation. I hope to bring spirituality into every aspect of my life, even the day to day things, such as work and chores. 

Another cool thing that blue does is it can be used to encourage feelings of communication. Communication is key in all aspects of life. By surrounding yourself with blue, it can opens up communication in situations that can often be rough and calm them down and allow the communication flow better. 
In my life, using blue for calm and relaxation in order to counteract chaos is a very good plan. My life is always full of chaos, and by surrounding myself with the color blue, I can remind myself to act like the Virgin Mary.





site used: http://crystal-cure.com/blue.html

5 comments:

Monique said...

Wow...that's really interesting! I'm going to check out my fave color. :)

Kathryn Rose said...

I love blue too. I painted my classroom blue last year (it's Heavenly) and my wedding also had shades of blue in it. It's a great one! :)

Andi said...

Hooray for blue! It's one of my top 2 colors :) We've got 2, soon to be 3 rooms with blue in our house and for most of my life I've filled my closet with it to the point of driving my parents nuts!

Chantal said...

I completely agree that colors can have meaning! Lately, I've noticed that my baby and I are usually dressed in the same color-- I must favor certain colors according to my mood! Anyways, blue IS the best. I love all shades, especially teal :).

Jaunebug said...

Cool post. I was talking to my sister-in-law about colors and meanings/feelings of colors. (She had just re-painted the house.) She had had her kitchen painted red for a while because she was going through a rough time in her life, because it tends to symbolize passion, and she said that she think it helped.

Interesting too, that if you were lacking for passion in your life and are feeling down, you are probably going through some kind of suffering, and the Church always uses red to remind us of suffering.