Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Not to be a downer...


but so far all the girls I've told about the Dress Dare just give me tons of reasons why skirts are *not* more feminine than pants and that it's all social contrivance.

Jesus and William Wallace both wore skirts, etc.

I told them that even if they didn't think they were more feminine intrinsically, it could be something they could do just to remind them to act more feminine, like a rubber band around your wrist or a string around your finger.

Anyone else running into this kind of reaction?

3 comments:

Little Monkey said...

We can't deny that historically women have worn skirts and it is only relatively recently that women wearing pants was at all acceptable. This might be evidence that women today have so deeply lost a clear sense of femininity in dress. A we can all agree that kilts seem to out of place precisely because skirts do belong on a woman. Sorry to my people but men do not look too great in a skirt.

Chantal said...

I have to admit that I personally question the importance about wearing skirts. I am hoping that the Dress Dare will help me understand what the big deal is about femininity :).

Jane said...

I have to say that kilts are not skirts. Kilts are sewn for men with men in mind and in Scotland women are forbidden to wear them.
(They can however wear a kilted skirt.)