Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Ordinary


I just sat at my computer thinking that I have nothing to blog about. I ran through my day and my life and came up with nothing profound to talk about. Then I realized that nothingness is precisely what I should blog about. When was the last time you stopped to thank God for the ordinary things in your life? How about doing that right now? Very simple post today but sometimes simple and ordinary is really nice in our chaotic and complex world. Praise God for the occasional case of boredom.

6 comments:

Kathryn Rose said...

I think that's probably the funniest picture I've ever seen. I realize that that's not the point of this post, but I just had to say that. :)

Chantal said...

Ditto.

Little Monkey said...

Yeah, since the post was so simple I figured an awesome picture was in order.

CourtneyV said...

I was actually just thinking - what am I going to say this week - and then I read your post about nothing to say... we're the same person I swear :)

Jaunebug said...

St. Max talks about offering up our joys, sorrows and our "blahs" (I can't remember what word he used).

He talks about offering up drinking a glass of water.

Boring = sanctity

Andi said...

as i was reading this i realized i was sitting the same way the baby is in the pix. im just not quite as cute.