Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Catholic Communion


This afternoon at Mass, I had to once again chase someone down who took the Eucharist but did not consume it. If you are not Catholic, God loves you infinitely but it is an important aspect of the Catholic Church that only practicing Catholics receive communion. This is different from many protestant churches where everyone is allowed to receive communion. By receive I mean that you must consume the Eucharist and not take Jesus on a field trip back to your seat, causing me to have to chase you down to consume Jesus for you. If you are a practicing Catholic please consume Jesus immediately and not back at your seat. If you are an extraordinary minister of the Eucharist please be aware that everyone who receives communion in the hand actually consumes the Eucharist. In more than one occasion I've had to follow someone and ask for Jesus back. I hope this helps clear up any confusion. I told the Priest after Mass and he said that at the Vatican they have huge problems with this because people want to take home the Eucharist as a souvenir. Jesus is hanging out in scrapbooks all over the world?? Oh boy!! My heart can't handle much more!!


Mary Mother of the Eucharist, please continue to protect and guard your son as you did when he was a little baby in your loving arms.

No comments: