Thursday, July 1, 2010

Homily Week #3


I'm really excited about keeping up with Matthew Kelly's idea about listening for one thing in the homily to reflect on during the week. Please note this does not mean I don't listen to the rest, I just make sure I take at least one point with me for the week.
Sunday June 27th readings are all about following the Lord. Here they are so you can check them out - Reading 1: 1 Kgs 19:16b, 19-21 Reading 2: Gal 5:1, 13-18 and the Gospel: Lk 9:51-62.
The homily talked mostly about following the Lord, but the Priest quickly mentioned the idea of looking back when times get hard. He mentioned how people have a tenedency to "think back" to when times were easier or when we were happier and how that action can make people feel more upset by their current circumstances. He encouraged us in those moments to remember that following the Lord means being present with Him at all times. We must always push through with Him as our focus so that we can continue to unite ourselves with His will instead of focusing on what our will wants. I'm hearing a lot of trusting in the Lord and desiring His will these past few weeks. Perhaps I should start listening :)

No comments: