Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Be one with the donut.



Yesterday I went to a playdate where the hostess made us doughnuts. It was so easy so I figured I'd share it with y'all. Heat up some oil in a pan (she used olive oil but you can also use veggie or corn oil). Open a pack of biscuit mix (the pre-made kind already in a can), then slice it up and cut out holes using a bottle top. Fry until golden brown. She then had the kids put their donuts in a brown bag that either had cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar and they got to shake it to coat it. Freshly made donuts are amazing!!


4 comments:

Chantal said...

Wow, I am not a huge donut fan but that sounds pretty amazing!

Jaunebug said...

I'll have to try it. I've heard you can make your own, but I figured it was super complicated and involved huge vats of oil.

Monique said...

Yummy!

Kathryn Rose said...

I'm with Jaunebug. I thought it'd be much more difficult than this!