Saturday, April 24, 2010

The 31-Day Dress Dare Guidelines


Only 1 more week until the Dress Dare begins!

The challenge is to wear dresses and skirts for the entire month of May. Leggings and stockings are allowed. Pants are acceptable when exercising or sleeping. Our goal is to discover, inspire and encourage femininity, so dare to be different and don't worry too much about fashion.

Over the 31-days, Defining Beauty bloggers will be reflecting on our Dress Dare experiences. Please feel free to comment on your progress or write your own blogs about how the challenge is affecting your daily life and focus on femininity.

And remember to stay centered on the mission and keep it modest!

6 comments:

Andi said...

what about bathing suits? should we wear skirts/sarongs over our bums when not in the water?

Apple Jacs said...

Not sure what the other girls think but I'd say keep the bums covered out of the water, hehe. Since we're only saying wear pants for working out and sleeping.

Jane said...

I took the dress dare from my spiritual director 8 years ago, only it was for life. I only wear pants for working out, sleeping and horse back riding.

I'm really going to be watching this site to hear about how you feel about yourself. Another thing to note is how you feel when you go back to pants after wearing dresses in June. I remember wearing pants one day at the beginning of the challenge, (After about 2 months of dresses/skirts only.) I really noticed how masculine I felt by the end of the day, and I was also much less gentle with my children that day, though I suppose that could have another reason.

Oh and this site has a swimsuit with a skirt sewn in. :)

http://www.swimmodest.com/

Michelle Therese said...

This is great! I've been wearing dresses and skirts for a while now. I'm right in the middle of a 7-day dress/skirt challenge. We've all been posting day by day on our blogs.

Have any of you posted pictures? It's always fun to see other ladies' outfits and be inspired and get new ideas!

I bought my new bathingsuit from Modestkini. They also have good suits at Wholesome Wear. I have one but it's only to knee length and I thought, if I'm not going to wear knee-length skirts why would I wear a knee-length bathing suit? So I got another one that's wrist-to-ankle. In bright green eeek! (Didn't realize it was so bright hehe)

God bless!!

Unknown said...

Is this challege going on again this year?

Unknown said...

Is this happening again this year?