Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Go Steelers!



I must really love my husband, in order to post something about FOOTBALL!! I just wanted to remind you all to root for the Pittsburg Steelers this Sunday. In case you still need some more convincing, I've included a quote from my favorite football player, Steelers safety Troy Polamalu.

And while he views his team’s 2006 Super Bowl win as “really beautiful and a blessing,” humility shines through when he adds that “success in football
doesn’t matter. Success in anything doesn’t matter. As Mother Teresa said, God calls us not to be successful but to be faithful. My prayer is that I would glorify God no matter what, and not have success be the definition of it. If I can be content whether making a big play or getting a touchdown scored on me, then I’d be happy being faithful and not successful.”

I don't know about you, but any football player who quotes our Blessed Mother Teresa absolutely ROCKS in my book!

1 comment:

Apple Jacs said...

Haha, that is an AWESOME quote! I read it to Leo and he was so excited. I'm quite impressed that you knew he was a safety and that you have a favorite player, but I guess when you watch them every Sunday you have to!