Tuesday, August 3, 2010

B is for Barfing

Seriously.

Two days ago I awoke to my daughter coughing weird. I jumped out of bed (something that rarely happens) and picked my baby up just in time to get thrown up on. Dad cleaned up the floor, Mom cleaned up the girl.

Yesterday, I awoke early for something and just as I was about to go back to bed, I heard her start to cry, went to change her, and was once again un-swallowed on. As Dad was gone, Mom cleaned up both girl and floor. (But once Dad got home, our little one re-enacted the whole thing, so he once again took floor, I girl.)

And this morning, since we are completely inexperienced parents, when our little girl asked for eggs, we gave her "just a little." That little somehow magically multiplied like the loaves and fishes and ended up all over (however, I was able to dodge the main stream this time). Baby wanted Mom, Dad wanted to take care of the floor, and basically the very natural process of a mother caring for her sick one unfolded.

1 comment:

Chantal said...

Haha... So feminine. I love it.