Monday, August 16, 2010

M is for ... Motherhood!

I will start out this post by saying that I am not a mother yet!

However, I have had the best example of what a mother should be like! After 22 years of marriage, my mom has had 9 kids! She has been open to God's will in everything that she is given from Him. Like our Mother Mary in Heaven, she said Yes... to all the challenges & hardships!
Because my brothers have an undiagnosed condition, she has always learned as much as she could about anything and everything related to their condition. She fought to make sure that the public schools would let my brothers into a regular education classes! Time after time, she fights for my brothers and the rest of our family so that we could all have a wonderful life!!!
She always has energy and is ready to go....but most of all, she has instilled in all of her children a love for God and a strong faith... one that continues to challenge us and that we continue to want to know more about. I only wish that I could be as wonderful as a mother as my mom is! Always with the support of my dad, my mom has been a great example of faith and love the way that Mother Mary shows us.

2 comments:

CourtneyV said...

What a beautiful post about your mom! I did get excited when I saw your name with motherhood - good thing you clarified for us!

Unknown said...

Yeah... I wanted to make sure it was clear that, unfortunately, God's will says no baby yet :( lol...