Saturday, May 29, 2010

Better later than never


So - a couple days till the end of the Dress Dare, and I'm finally getting into the skirt groove. I think it took me a month just to figure out what to wear for everyday stuff.. and now that I've got that figured out, I think I'll be wearing skirts (if not everyday) definitely more in the coming months.

Living up in the good old North-West (high of 56 degrees today) I've also figured out that socks and shoes really do make a difference in keeping warm. In summer I'm sure I'll be flip-flopping everyday, but for now little sneakers and super cute rain boots (with wool socks) do the trick!

I am still violently against socks and sandals. Not warm, not cozy (although some people say they are, they are mistaken), and they look crazy. I've been writing to Rome to get an official Heresy named for this, but so far no response (they must be really busy).

Cute skirt story (if anyone is compiling a list): I took my daughter to the park a couple days ago and we were both wearing skirts (Clair has been wearing pants and dresses a lot this month, not because she's doing the dress dare, but I for some reason always dress us alike), and this little girl with her dad walk by and she says "Look! They're both wearing skirts!" The dad says something to the effect of "I know you wanted to, maybe next time." (To the dad's defense, it was a rather rainy day - we might have been the only two girls in skirts in our area.)

But - I think it was a cute reminder (ok - maybe the cute part was how cute this little girl was) that others see what we wear and want to imitate us.

1 comment:

Apple Jacs said...

What a cute story! It fascinates me the way little girls naturally tend to lean towards wearing skirts/dresses. Even my little girl who hates clothing loves to play "dress up"!

I think skirts and dresses with rainboots look adorable! I've at times been quite tempted to purchase some, but since we live in SoCal, it really would be kind of ridiculous.