Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I cleaned a toilet today!


Now, this seemingly tiny task may be trivial to you, but it feels so GOOD and like I've just accomplished something HUGE. You see, in the past 5 weeks since Gigi was born my only goal has been feed the babies, dress the babies, diaper the babies, shower, and do the laundry (10 loads a week!). Aside from that I have not been able to get anything done. God has needed me, and still needs me, to just learn to let things go. I am NOT supermom. I am NOT perfect. I need help. It has been so humbling to have so many families bring us dinner - something my brain still hasn't figured out how to do with a newborn around. And I will admit, I finally broke down and am having someone clean my house next week. I have been feeling like such a failure because the mail is everywhere and toys are everywhere and the house just feels like a wreck. Hopefully starting with a clean slate will get us back into our cleaning routine. I guess as long as I'm following God's will everything is a ok! And a little clutter won't kill me...right?

8 comments:

Emily said...

There is NO shame in needed help. A friend of mine is due in Sept & her daughter will be 1 next month. She & her husband work full time & just moved. Her housewarming/babyshower/mother's day/father's day gift? Me spamming everyone on facebook that she's ever known to chip in & hire a maid to finish unpacking/organizing/cleaning the house.
I don't know any parent with young kids who isn't overwhelmed. Victory in the small things, right?

Chantal said...

AMEN!

I admire you for asking for help! And for cleaning toilets... :)

Unknown said...

Dude...I thought that was Chantal in your picture and I was baffled. As you see from her comment above...She gets nowhere near toilet cleaning...

Andi said...

that's why i picked the photo :-P

Chantal said...

What is up with people photographing the Ricci's cleaning toilets these days??

CourtneyV said...

You are a fabulous mom and wife!!! Congratulations on being obedient to God's will and for doing all that laundry! I wish I was there to help ... maybe a summer trip! PS I thought it was Chatal too!

Little Monkey said...

I totally thought it was Chantal too

Anon said...

Just came across this post. I'll see your 5 weeks and raise you 19 months. I just cleaned my oven, scrubbed baseboards, toilets, etc after 19 mos of "offering it up" and letting it go to be obedient as a homeschooling mom of 5 under 9 yrs. The "baby" had her days and nights mixed up for 5 solid months and just the regular duties (the 10 loads of laundry per week) put off anything other than daily survival. I can say that I kept my priorities (Mary before Martha), but can I say how nice it is to have a clean oven?