Saturday, May 22, 2010

Nightgowns


I have to say I am loving this month of dresses and skirts. As I have mentioned before, I have been wearing mostly skirts and dresses for a while now. Until this month though I did often wear jeans on the weekends. Since not wearing any pants at all I find that I never want to take my dresses off. I used to love getting in my PJ's at night and would often have them on before the sun went down. Now I wait until the last minute to change because I love my dresses. I feel so feminine and pretty. So I decided to go one more these last 10 days of the dare and wear nightgowns to bed. Now I get to feel girly even when I sleep. When I was a little girl I always loved Wendy in Peter Pan because she wears that beautiful nightgown through the whole movie. I am interested to see how I feel putting on jeans again after this month. Who knows maybe the dare will extend further for me.

5 comments:

Apple Jacs said...

I feel exactly the same! I have been wanting to buy a maternity night gown, or one that can fit my growing belly since all of my current ones are not accomodating, but I have been longing to go to bed in a nightgown! Maybe playing dress up with Mina so much has really gotten to me, but I've been secretly desiring a princess nightgown like hers.

Little Monkey said...

Apple Jacs you should definitly get one. My mom gave me several really pretty silk nightgowns from when she was my age and I honestly feel like a princess when I go to bed in one of them.

CourtneyV said...

I have one of my mom's too and I love it... it's so girly and fun to wear - I kinda want to twirl around when I wear it! Oh how comfy our nightgowns and dresses are - I love being a girl!

Colleen Hammond said...

What's interesting is that the PIRATES movies spawned a new love for nightgowns because of the beautiful one Keira Knightley wore.
http://stellarreverie.deviantart.com/art/PotC-Nightgown-87396685

I made a gorgeous nursing nightgown that I still wear (even though my youngest is 11 and hasn't nursed for quite some time!) It's VERY easy!!! I made it out of tricot and it's still my favorite nightgown: http://www.elizabethlee.com/patterns/nc104.htm

The trick to nightgowns, I think, is to make sure they're FULL. The slim,narrow ones will 'ride up' during the night...

Claire said...

I love nightgowns, too! :)