Saturday, May 8, 2010

Sarcasm oops


Forgive me because this post has nothing to do with our dress dare but is something I thought worth sharing. In the last week I accidentally hurt the feelings of two wonderful people through "innocent" joking. I used the dangerous humor of sarcasm. Did any of you know that the word sarcasm means to tear the flesh? Although it is at times funny I have learned the hard way that it can be damaging. Women are supposed to bring love into our world. We should be working to build people up and never tear them down even if we don't really mean to. I am making a commitment to stop using sarcasm. I honestly don't use it much but I am committing to not using it at all because I don't think it makes me more beautiful or feminine which is our goal here after all right?

1 comment:

Jaunebug said...

While I think that we definitely need to watch our tongues, I would say that there is a time for humor (sarcastic or not) and sometimes not.

Maybe before you say something sarcastic, take a second to ask for St. Lawrence, patron of humorists. It'll give you maybe the 1 second you need before saying what you don't mean.