Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I almost gave in...

So I had a job interview this morning for a Kindergarten teaching position. It's cold in Fresno (goodness knows why) and I don't have any long skirts that are "interview appropriate" - one long cotton dress - not gonna work. I needed to be able to move around with the kids so I wanted a long skirt, and I didn't want to wear leggings with my dress skirts So I told my husband that I might have to break the dare. Now keep in mind I thought about not telling him about the dare, thought I'd give it a few weeks and see if he noticed or if it affected his attitude at all (just a little experiment,) but when people started joining us I just had to tell him, I was so excited! So imagine my surprise when his response to me breaking the dare it "you better not, I'll rat you out" and then he laughed! HE'LL RAT ME OUT... It was actually really cute and I tried to find out why he wouldn't let me cheat but I couldn't get an answer out of him. Maybe he likes the skirts? So I picked a lower than knee length dress skirt, put on a long sleve black shirt and added a short sleeve purple sweater thing I just bought. Glad I did! Thanks to my husband I didn't cheat! But I could use some suggestions for more foot friendly shoes. I've started physical therapy for my knees and my physical therapist is not a fan of my ballet flats. I found some comfy ones called Bone, but didn't make a purchase yet. HELP!!!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Get a comfy pair of sandals.

Andi said...

Born shoes are super comfy and they come in sandals that have a little more support than normal. I see them all the time at the Norstrom Rack and Marshalls and I came thisclose to buying a pair of their wedges.

CourtneyV said...

Thanks girls! We have a Nordstrom rack in Fresno and a Marshall close - I'll keep a look out! I didn't want to pay the regular Nordstrom price.

Little Monkey said...

You can also get inserts for your shoes. I got some memory foam inserts at target and love them.