Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Print Tee


I subbed today. Do you know what I saw? I saw a 6 or 7 year old girl wearing a “print t” with a chalkboard on it with writing (it looked like the old school “I will not talk in class sentences”) The writing said “I will kiss boys in school.” No it didn’t say I WON’T kiss boys – I kept thinking maybe I was reading it wrong but no, it said “I will kiss the boys I school.” REALLY??? And so as I sit down to write on our Defining Beauty Blog today I saw we MUST as women, mothers, aunts, adults – remember that our daughter’s, niece’s, little sister’s, etc. deserve to be taught the about the beauty and honor of womanhood. The best part about today is that I brought the book The Privilege of Being a Women by Alice Von Hildebrand to read during my lunch break. I finished it today and I HIGHLY recommend this book to all women. Please go read it, it’s beautiful. And it made me feel so honored and privileged to be a women. How beautifully the Lord designed us women. Thanks God, for making me a women, and inspiring Mrs. Hildebrand to write that book!

3 comments:

Jaunebug said...

I've heard so many good things about this book. I should definitely go get it.

It's funny/sad to think that a mom let her child wear that to school. My mom is always talking about how she has to give permission back to parents to "parent." I almost want to sit that mom down and tell her "listen to your gut! Your daughter might be sad to not wear her shirt for 5 minutes, but she'll be happier later if she realizes that she does NOT have to kiss the boys in school - and will have a better time generally if she does not kiss them at school or else where."

Of course, this is coming from a mother of a 17 month old... so it's easy for me to say...

Jaunebug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaunebug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.